DATE: November 13, 2023
TO: Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS) User Group Representatives and Client Accounting Offices (Excluding Social Security Administration (SSA) and Casual Hire Representatives)
FROM: Christine Zertuche-Rocha, Chief, Payroll Operations Division
SUBJECT: 2023 Calendar Year End Processing – Excluding SSA and Casuals
Please share this information with all appropriate staff. The final pay period (PP) for this year is 2023-26, which ends on December 16, 2023. The Labor Cost File for this PP will be available based on the night payroll normally calculates for clients as detailed below:
|Night Payroll Calculates
|Date Labor Cost File will be Available
|Listed in the table below*
|December 20, 2023
|All other clients
|December 21, 2023
The PP 2023-99, year end processing, will occur between December 20-29, 2023. This ensures accurate reporting for the 2023 Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. The associated Labor Cost File, FPPS Summary Reconciliation Report, and Intra-Governmental Payment and Collection (IPAC) charge information is detailed below:
- The Labor Cost File will be available no later than January 2, 2024.
- It is uniquely identified by A672023 in the last qualifier of the file name.
- The FPPS Summary Reconciliation Report will be available in Datamart no later than January 5, 2024.
- The report should be run for PP 2023-99.
- The IPAC charge will be processed no later than January 8, 2024.
- The description will reflect “Total Charge to Appropriation for Pay Period 2023-99 Year End Adjustments.”
- Please note that PP 2023-99 year end charges must be included in January processing, along with the other bi-weekly payroll charges, to ensure that month’s financial reconciliation.
*These clients are:
|American Battle Monuments Commission
|National Aeronautics and Space Administration
|Arctic Research Commission
|National Archives and Records Administration
|Barry Goldwater Scholarship Foundation
|National Labor Relations Board
|Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
|National Mediation Board
|Consumer Product Safety Commission
|National Science Foundation
|Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency
|National Transportation Safety Board
|Nuclear Regulatory Commission
|Environmental Protection Agency
|Office of Navajo/Hopi Relocation
|Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
|Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
|Export Import Bank of the U.S.
|Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
|Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
|Public Defender Service for D.C.
|Federal Housing Finance Agency
|Public Interest Declassification Board
|Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
|Securities and Exchange Commission
|Federal Trade Commission
|U.S. International Development Finance Corporation
|Institute of Museum and Library Services
|U.S. International Trade Commission
|International Boundary and Water Commission
|U.S. Tax Cour
|JFK Center for the Performing Arts
|U.S. Trade and Development Agency
If you have any questions, contact Adrian Hafner, Chief, Review and Analysis Branch, at (303) 969-7375..