This page provides resources and general information about federal benefits, such as Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Health Insurance, Federal Dental and Vision (FEDVIP), Life Insurance, Federal Long Term Care Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program.
If you do not find the information you are looking for on this website, please contact your servicing Human Resources Office (for IBC Human Resources Operations customers: servicing Human Resources Benefits Team).
The links below provide information about employee and family support benefits and policies:
The 2023 Open Season for the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) and the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS), and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB) is from November 13, 2023, through December 11, 2023.
The IBC provides its federal employees with a comprehensive benefits package including: Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Health Insurance, Federal Dental and Vision (FEDVIP), Life Insurance, Federal Long Term Care Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program. The links below provide Retirement Information.
General Retirement Information
Social Security Training Information
- Social Security – Understanding the Benefits
- Government Pension Offset
- Windfall Elimination Provision
- Medicare – Basic Information
Medicare Training Information
Additional Federal Benefits Resources
- Changes to Federal Benefits Eligibility Due to Health Reform Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership - FEHB and FEDVIP
- Department of the Interior Absence and Leave Handbook
- Employee Express
- Federal Benefits "Fast Facts" Home Page
- Health Reform Changes for Federal Benefits Programs Effective January 1, 2011
- Life Events