Skip to main content

Veterans' Hiring

Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. Veterans' preference does not apply to positions in the Senior Executive Service or to internal agency actions such as a reassignment or promotion. When claiming preference, veterans must provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other acceptable documentation. Applicants claiming 10 point preference will need to submit a Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference. Please refer to the required forms section of the vacancy announcement to see what specific forms are required for a particular vacancy.

Related Information


Last Updated: