Filing for Rate Extensions: Only final and predetermined rates may be eligible for consideration of rate extensions. Requests for rate extensions of a current rate will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please send your request to our office indicating the rate and fiscal periods to be covered by the rate extension.
Please be advised that we cannot extend fixed with carryforward or provisional rate types. Refer to the COFAR FAQs for additional information.
Initiating a Rate Negotiation Process
Our rate negotiation process begins when you submit an indirect cost rate proposal. See our proposal checklist under the Proposal Templates tab for a list of required items.
Guidance for Preparing and Submitting an Indirect Cost Proposal
Guidance for preparing indirect cost proposals differs depending on the organization type. This section is appropriate for non-profit organizations. If you are not a non-profit, please use the Indirect Cost Rate Negotiation menu at the top of the page to select the appropriate organization type.
Submission Timeframes for Indirect Cost Proposals
Indirect cost proposals are due annually and must be submitted within six months following fiscal year closeout. Some examples:
- If your fiscal year ends on September 30, your indirect cost proposal or cost allocation plan is due by March 31
- If your fiscal year ends on December 31, your indirect cost proposal or cost allocation plan is due by June 30
- If your fiscal year ends on June 30, your indirect cost proposal or cost allocation plan is due by December 31
Please be advised that we do not solicit proposals. Proposals are processed on a first-in, first-out basis.
Proposals and audited financial statements must be submitted electronically. We no longer accept hard copy proposals.
Please call 916-930-3803 to obtain the correct email address for your electronic submission.
- Part 1 narrative in Word or PDF format
- Part 2 all worksheets in Excel format, and
- Audited financial statements and single audit report or general ledger documents.
The point of contact(s) listed in the proposal should receive an email from our office within five business days confirming receipt of the proposal submission. If you do not hear from our office within five business days, please contact us to ensure we have received the proposal.