Frequently Asked Questions
There is no standard time frame for an audit. In deciding on a reasonably achievable due date, auditors will have to consider the following:
- past audits at the contractor
- knowledge and status of contractor business systems
- scope of audit
- areas of risk
- required assist audits
- hours needed to complete the audit steps
- available audit resources
- time needed to prepare the draft report and address any management review comments
We recommend coordinating with our office as early as possible in order for us to meet your required deadlines (i.e., prior to starting negotiations). Every audit is unique, so it is important to contact us so we can assist you in planning and obtaining timely assistance. When the audit team is engaged early, and the contractor submits an adequate submission, the audit cycle is shortened.
The earlier our office is engaged, the better we can allocate necessary resources, prepare for your specific audit needs, and plan the schedule for the audit to support you.