Verification of Salary and Employment
Salary and employment verification can be accomplished through the Equifax Workforce Solutions (formerly known as TALX) using an automated service called The Work Number. The automated service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Work Number provides a secure and convenient way to authorize third-party verifiers (lenders, landlords, social service agencies, and prospective employers, etc.) to verify employment and/or income. The benefits of this service are:
- Easier loan approvals
- Improved Confidentiality - The HR or payroll department is no longer filling out requests for employment or income verification.
- Quicker response time - Many employers can take a week or more to fill a request for verification. The Work Number can reduce this to minutes.
- Improved Security - The employee is in control of authorizing the verification.
- Employer functions are available on webManager through The Work Number.
How do I access The Work Number?
There are two ways an employee can access The Work Number:
- There is a Work Number selection on Employee Express (EEX) that allows the employee to access The Work Number through EEX without a company code, ID and PIN.
- If the employee does not have access to Employee Express, the employee can access The Work Number at www.theworknumber.com. The employee will need the Company Name or Code, User ID, and the PIN for his/her SSN. The employee’s User ID is their social security number, while the PIN is the year of birth and the last four digits of the SSN. The Company Code can be obtained by entering the name of the agency for which the employee works or looking it up in the Client Interface Guide.
For more detailed information about EEX, The Work Number or company codes, please view the Client Interface Guide.
How do I restrict which third parties have access to my information?
Employees may obtain a salary key in order to control who has access to their information by visiting www.theworknumber.com or call 1-800-367-2884. After a salary key is obtained, the employee then provides their SSN, employer company code (refer to the "Company Codes for The Work Number" in the Client Interface Guide), and Salary Key to the entity needing to verify employment. The entity uses the web site or the 1-800 number and receives the verification information either by printing it from the desktop or via fax.