New User Training on eDrug and How to Schedule Applicant Drug Testing
Notifying Applicant to Take Drug Test
- First, make sure you are prepared.
- Notify the applicant via phone. Drug-Free Workplace Program policy specifies that applicants should be given no more than 48 hours to take their drug test. Tell the applicant they have 48 hours to complete the test.
- Due to the 48-hour requirement, before notifying the applicant ask them if they are still in the zip code where supplies were ordered and if they will be in that area for the next 48 hours.
- Provide the applicant with the address, hours of operation, and whether an appointment is necessary.
- Provide applicant with FedEx delivery information and name of person you confirmed supplies with.
- Instruct the applicant to take a photo id to the site and not to leave without providing the specimen. Only a urine specimen can be taken for a federal drug test at this time.
- Instruct the applicant to keep a copy of the paperwork (Custody and Control Form) that the site provides them upon completion of the drug test.
- Send the applicant an email (see samples: paper CCF and eCCF)
Sample Email Notification (Paper CCF)
Please reply to this email to confirm its receipt.
Per our telephone conversation you have been notified to submit to a pre-employment drug screen. Please read all of the information below thoroughly.
Your designated collection site is:
340 Airis Dr
Newark, NJ 07114
M-F 7:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.; SA 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.; SU 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- You are to report no later than 48 hours after receiving notification to the collection site above.
- You must present photographic identification at the collection site (such as a driver's license, passport or employee ID).
- Testing supplies, paperwork and a CCF with your name and at the minimum the last 4 digits of your SSN were delivered to the collection site above (via FEDEX) on 2/5/2016 and was confirmed with Sherry.
- Upon completion of this screen, you should receive copy 5 (Donor Copy) of the Federal Drug Testing Custody and Control Form (CCF). This copy is usually very light, therefore make a darker Xerox copy of the form and fax it to 202-208-2489.
- This paperwork will have “Federal Drug Testing Custody and Control Form” printed at the top.
- You will be asked to provide a urine specimen and depending on your ability to provide an adequate specimen (45ml) and the site's patient load, the collection may take between 30 minutes and 3 hours.
- Please do not consume more than 40 ounces of fluid within 3 hours of testing.; if you have already, report to the site anyway
- You may not leave the site until the collection process is complete and you receive a copy of the paperwork.
- You are not required to pay for this test; the site will bill Abbott (formerly Pembrooke Occupational Health or Alere eScreen)
- If you encounter any difficulties during the collection process, please call the IBC Drug & Alcohol Testing Staff at 202-208-5638 or Alere eScreen at 877-284-2990
- What donors can expect at a collection site: Reporting for a Federal Drug Test video .
Sample Email Notification (eCCF)
eCCF sample email from email@example.com with an attached ePassport:
Please print and bring this attachment with any employer provided documents and a valid photo ID to the address below to complete your employment screening requirements for DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR CONTRACT
Your confirmation # is: AIXXXXXXXXXX
API - Vancouver
5501 NE 109th Court Suite E
Vancouver, WA, 98662
Phone: (360) 256-0322
To get driving directions click here.
If you need to go to a different site or change your scheduled time, please contact Ivy McNeal at (202) 208-6727 with your request.
The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential. It is intended to be received by the individual or entity named above. If the reader or this message is not the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any consideration, dissemination, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
CONFIDENTIALITY. This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If received in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email, and delete this email and any attachments from your system.
An image of the sample ePassport is attached to this email.